Friday, April 4, 2008

Scapin

Last Friday I attended a play called Scapin for my Theatre Class. I must say that it was one of the strangest plays that I have ever seen. I expected a traditional play with a fancy set, and predictable actors. I guess thats what I get for expecting. The set looked to have been sketched up the day before, but it did the job. The actors came out wearing all kinds of goofy stuff like plad, golf shoes, ankle beaters with high socks, etc. Honestly, it was like the funniest crap I've ever seen, but it took me until after the intermission to figure out what the play was even about. The play was filled with random people suddenly laughing aloud, which made the play even funnier. I guess since there was only 24 people there, all of these little things were very noticeable. After the play, I drove like 150 mph so I could get home to watch the rest of the Memphis game. The play doesnt compare to that, but I really enjoyed it. If you have time, you should go see next week!

No comments: